Followers

SEEN!

NuffNang

footer social

BLOGS NG PINOY
Skip to main content

Yummy Yamazaki

I usually get irritated whenever I passed by the MCS area when I am on my way home. The place is packed with cars, making the street their parking lot, trying to get into those little Japanese restaurants. Supposedly the restaurants are serving authentic Japanese food.

Now I understand. And i wouldn't be surprised if I find myself lining up and trying to get into one of those restaurants.

Our Executive Creative Director just introduced me to Yamazaki Restaurant and Grocery, and what a joy I found. I couldn't wait to try it again, I had to go back the next day.



Yamazaki is located at Fernando St., in Makati. It is in the area called Little Tokyo. The place is divided into 2: a Japanese grocery and a dining area.

The grocery sells food items from the Pocky, to Kikkoman, to those Japanese version of instant noodles, to sake.

The dining place, on the other hand, is my new favorite dining place! The area looks Japanese (at least to me). There are various Japanese comics and newspapers which diners can read while waiting for their meal.

I don't really know what it says LOL :)

The menu is in Japanese, we had to ask the waitresses to explain what we were pointing. Bento is about Php200 (around 175-195 depending on the main meal). They have the usual karaage (fried chicken),  the tonkatsu (breaded pork chop), ebi furai, mixed furai plus some other meals I could not pronounce :P

A bento would include rice,  miso soup, pickled pechay, a tomato based side dish composed of carrots, chicken and potato, while the main dish would include the shredded cabbage, "spaghetti salad" (it tastes like macaroni but used spaghetti) plus all the cold rice tea that you can drink.

During my first visit, I tried the Beef yakiniku while my officemates tried the ebi furai.

My friend Taj with her Ebi Furai 


Beef Yakiniku


The following day, I had to go back. That time I tried their grilled salmon. Yum! I couldnt wait to go back and try the other in their menu.

"Bottomless" rice tea
Rice tea (pic taken lomo style :P)



Grilled salmon which did not include the cabbage and "spaghetti" salad


Definitely a must-visit. Each bento made me feel so satisfied. Happy tummy indeed!



Yamazaki is located at 2277 Fernando St., cor Pasong Tamo Makati City, fronting Plaza Fair. See other review at this link (http://ph.openrice.com/manila/restaurant/photos.htm?shopid=526&photoid=23433)

Comments

  1. Thanks for any other informative site. Where else may just I
    am getting that kind of information written in such
    an ideal means? I've a venture that I'm just now working on, and
    I've been at the glance out for such info.

    Here is my web blog :: 北海道自由行

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Executive Creative Director just introduced me to Yamazaki ... iyamazaki.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?